Physiotherapist - Part Time
Trillium Health Centre
Posted on : August 22
Location : Mississauga
Job Category : Nursing
Job Industry : Healthcare/Medical
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario"s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
• Certificate for Independent Practice with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
• Eligibility for active membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
• Recent experience in managing neurologically impaired (CVAs and Acquired Brain Injury) adults in acute/rehab or community based rehabilitation programs is required
• Current BCLS is encouraged; evidence of continuing education is required , NDT training/certification is an asset
• Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
• Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
• Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• A positive work and attendance record is essential
• A second language is considered an asset
• Computer skills related to e-mail is an asset
• As an active member of an interdisciplinary team is responsible for the delivery of patient-centred physiotherapy services for Neurosciences Rehabilitation patients
• Provides physiotherapy assessment, care plan development, goal oriented treatment interventions, patient/family education and support to address medical, cognitive, emotional and self-care needs.
• Contributes to the development of a realistic discharge plan.
• Perform as a coach/mentor consultant and to use sound critical thinking skills is key to achieving patient outcomes and to facilitating team functions. Must have demonstrated ability to make timely professional decisions
• Participates in program planning, continuous quality improvement and evaluation.